Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Claire's Top 10 Things to do at a Beach House ~ OR ~ 10 Reasons Claire Shouldn't be Allowed Anywhere Near a Beach House

We had the pleasure of spending a week in the Outer Banks with a huge group -none of whom have babies. So... there were laptops, IPODS, cell phones and cameras strewn about, open drinks and bottles of sunblock and bug spray left everywhere, and lots of board games with many little pieces laying on the floor. Needless to say, it was a busy week of distraction and redirection. Luckily, everyone was super helpful and doted all over little baby Claire. Here are a few of her favorite things from our week at the beach:.

10. Wow, NONE of these cabinets are locked!!

9. The oven knobs just slip right off this stove!

8. I'm going to put all the UNO cards in the Taboo box, that will really mess up the game!

7. Mmmmmm, Dr. Pepper!!

6. I'm going to show these people a thing or two about dancing! Especially after my stolen sips of Dr. Pepper!

5. Well, what do you know, these kitchen chairs are the same size as mine at home! Just right for climbing.

4. I'll make my poutiest face, and maybe someone else will offer me a sip of their pina colada.

3. I'm going to wake up and scream every 2 hours at night. There's no way mommy will let me disturb everyone in the whole house. I'll get to cuddle and eat all I want!

2. It might be midnight but yeah, I'm ready for another round of Scattergories.

and my favorite thing to do at the beach house...

1. I know I prefer SPF 50, but I just can't decide which is yummier, Coppertone or Banana Boat.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Nicole, this totally cracked me up. Only because I am right there with you! We really do have to get together...

Robyn said...

LOL! That was aweomse! Glad Claire is having a good time at the beach! :)

Gavin said...

You are too funny! Gavin loves to do all those things, too! They really do keep us on our toes! Have fun!
Love - Becky

Jamie said...

LOL! Wow, which will be harder on momma: Claire at 1 or Claire at 16? She's gonna be a feisty one, Nicole!!!!