Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Cheese Wagon

Today was the day Ryan has been waiting for his whole life. One of the first things he said as a baby when he started talking was "I ride bus." Ever since he first laid his eyes on a bright orange cheese wagon cruising through our neighborhood he's been longing to get on a school bus like a big kid. Oh, no, is HE one of the big kids now?? He was just born for heaven's sake! I am so not ready for this!



The bus came to our library so all the rising Kindergarteners could see what it's like getting on and sitting in those big bench seats that swallow them up so the driver can't see if a huge 5th grade bully is saying something obnoxious to them... did I mention I am SO not ready for this?


We ran into a few of our preschool buddies and had a nice little class reunion at McDonalds afterwards so that took my mind off of things, but I think on the first day of school I'll be needing more than an iced coffee to take the edge off!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I still remember when Jacob started Kindergarten. I had to drive him because we were in Germany, but I watched him walk into that school building with his class and I cried. It was hard to let him go. Now, he is starting 7th grade and I still worry about him when he starts school each year.