Wednesday, August 27, 2008

6 Years of Motherhood

Well, this is the day my life was forever changed. I had no idea it was coming, I was sitting in a meeting, my brain scrambling to figure out how I was going to decorate my classroom and get all my ducks in a row so I could take maternity leave in a month. I was standing on a stool to hang a giant poster of Miss Frizzle in my science center.

There were the friendly hello's and "Wow, you look great!" from coworkers I hadn't seen all summer. C'mon people, I'd gained 70 pounds and was nearly unrecognizable! After inservice meetings all day I was meeting Tim at the doctor's for a check-up. An appointment he was originally going to miss because I had just asked him the day before to take off since we were having a ceiling fan installed and I hate being home alone when workers are in the house. So as a compromise I told him he could skip the doctors' appointment the following day... it was just a routine 5 minute tummy check after all.... and he works over an hour away so leaving for a 5 minute appointment requires taking practically the entire day off! But he hadn't skipped a baby appointment yet and didn't want to, so he surprised me and met me at the doctor's office.


The next thing I knew, Tim and I were rushing to the hospital to have a baby!! Things were a bit of a blur after that, and tada!!! Just shy of 5 pounds, Ryan entered our world and changed our lives forever!
Now how did this...


Turn into THIS!?!?



The Birthday party evolution of Ryan:











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Bithday Ryan! Hope you enjoy celebrating your birthday. Have tons of fun and enjoy.
Love
Sandy, Mike, Megan and Jonathan

Robyn said...

Awww... Happy Birthday Ryan! Loved looking at the pictures! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Ryan!!! Hope he had a great birthday!