Saturday, January 31, 2009

Doll House Debacle

Claire got a new doll house for Christmas. A very nice gift, she really enjoys it a lot. So far her favorite thing is to throw all the people out the window and wave bye bye to them as they bounce on the floor below. But we are building a really nice dollhouse with Katie so won't it be nice for Claire to have a dollhouse to play with instead of breaking Katie's?
Well, our dog is usually sooooo good about leaving the kids' toys alone. We have lost a few things over the years, I remember the beautiful princess crown that after all the jewels were eaten and the frame was mangled and chewed Katie didn't want to throw it away. She continued wearing it and called herself the "Chewed Up Princess." And of course who can forget poor Woody? So I wasn't completely surprised when one day the mommy's feet were missing, nibbled away....

Claire was so distraught. She brought the mommy over to me looking very concerned. She gave her kisses on her feet. She had a glaring eye for Roxy as we talked about how the accident must have happened. For weeks she kept bringing me the mommy doll and giving her kisses. I told her to put the mommy in the bathtub for a nice soothing soak to take her troubles away.

Well, over the weeks I was sure that the foot injuries were getting worse and worse. The nibbled area seemed to be creeping up past the feet but I just couldn't be sure. Was Roxy hunting down this mommy when we weren't looking? Now I'm sure. Roxy definitely has it in for the mommy doll. Soon I'm afraid the dad is going to be a single parent!







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would feel so bad for the kids and their toys. I wonder what her next target will be?
Maybe your dog is teething. (Just kidding)

Cathe said...

Claire's concern and foot-kissing is too cute. I can't believe Roxy is chewing off the feet little by little--funny. And kind of tragic! My dogs get a toy now and then and there's usually nothing left to play with. I live in fear of them getting a really important one....

Robyn said...

Oh my! LOL! I remember when we were over and seeing Claire so concerned for the mommy doll. How is she handling the loss?

Anonymous said...

I am laughing so hard right now at this post! I think you're right - daddy's going to be a widower soon! And how cute is it that Claire kisses the mommy's feet? Or, well, at this point...her torso?

Tim Erny said...

I hope this isn't some sort of indication that Roxy's mad at you! Now she has moved on to the baby - I hope that doesn't mean anything!