Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Birthday Time

I love my birthday, it's always a great day for me. I always reflect on the year, take stock of things, and think about the year ahead and set personal goals for myself etc. Kind of like my own personal "New Year." And all the attention and love from my family and friends is so sweet and makes my day a very happy one. And cake doesn't hurt either... every year Tim makes a delicious birthday cake of my choosing from this cake cookbook we have. This year it was a Hawaiian dream cake with pineapple, lemon, coconut, mmmm we all dreamed of Hawaii as we celebrated. The best was when Katie asked me if anyone has ever sang to me in opera. I said no and she proceeded to sing Happy Birthday to me in her most cutest, giggliest opera voice.
So this year is the year I've decided I'm going to get back in shape... hopefully a different shape than I am now... so my gift was an eliptical trainer that I've been wanting for a long time. Since I have no time to go to the gym. And if I did go to the gym I'd have to stay in the nursery playing with Claire the whole time. So now we have this great eliptical machine and I'm proud to say that I've used it every single day (since Saturday). The kids love it and are so enthusiastic and supportive of my working out. Last night I was about halfway done with my workout when I looked over and saw Ryan spying on my from around the corner in his room. So I let him try it out for fun...


So the loft has gone through many changes... playroom, nursery, computer room, and now a home gym. Yes, it was was briefly Claire's nursery until she decided she liked our room better. Last night as the 3 of us (Tim, Claire, and I) crawled into bed and sat there watching Jay Leno I sat there wondering, what's wrong with this picture...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy (belated!) Birthday!!!

Good for you getting in shape. I should really try to take better care of myself, too. Maybe 2010. I don't think it's going to happen in 2009. :)

It was so good to run into you the other day at Costco. I wonder how many times we have been in the same place and didn't even know it...