Thursday, December 4, 2008

18 months and counting...

Wow- Happy half birthday to my little girl! I can't believe she's already 18 months old! How the time does fly- I'm noticing it more with her than with the other kids. I don't know if the time is moving faster or if my memory is failing me, or my brain is just filled with too much other junk but I'm having a hard time remembering her babyhood, even though it is happening right now!


She is still my little adorable mute baby girl... although she does do a great "ho ho ho" Santa impression, and often walks around as if she's sprung a leak... "ssssss, ssssss, ssssssssss"


Here are some of her most favorite antics:

Baby Launch... prepare for take-off! A favorite game, which sends Ryan and Katie into fits of jealous "MY TURN, Do me next!!" As if Tim's back could fling 50 pounds that high in the air!

"Smelling" the flowers -which is actually blowing the flowers... apparently she is mixed up on how to use her nose. Although she learned from a very young age how to blow her nose. I've never seen a baby under 10 months be able to successfully blow any snot out of their nose... her biggest claim to fame thus far!


Reading books is still a favorite way to spend time... sometimes a whole hour will pass and she'll still be sitting there flipping through books. Ryan likes to try to read stories to her, but she is more of a silent reader.

Wow does this kid have some pearly whites- all 4 of them! She brushes her teeth endlessly- always walking around with a toothbrush. I'd say either brushing her teeth or painting are her favorite things to do. Although one day when she brushes her teeth with her paintbrush we'll be in trouble.

And THIS is what I get when she knows I'm about to snap a picture...
she'll look up from whatever she's doing and give me the old "CHEESE" face... does she really think THAT is a smile?



3 comments:

Angela said...

my nephew is 18 month old today too. time really fly. i remember he was so little and sleeping right on top of me. now he is on the go all the time if that is possible.

Anonymous said...

Ella can blow her nose, too! She learned that really early on, and I was amazed. I still use that awful syringe, though...

So good to run into you the other day! We should get the littles together and let them run around some. I know Ella would love a little buddy. I'm so NOT fun. She gets bored with me easily!

Tim Erny said...

These pictures say it all - Claire is SO much fun to be around!! She really has a great personality - fun loving all the time!!

I showed these pictures to our housekeeper at work (who I'm sort of friends with) and she said "su bebé es bonita!". I have to agree with her there!!!