Saturday, July 12, 2008

Our Little Ariel

Katie has been rehearsing for the "Princess and the Pea" recital and we've had a countdown for weeks for the big moment. Today was the day! She was Ariel and she danced her little heart out! After the recital we had a wonderful celebration at her favorite restaurant, Olive Garden, where we ran into lots of other performers celebrating with their families. Then she picked out a new Ariel doll at the Disney store and that evening we watched The Little Mermaid!
It was an Ariel day for us! A kiss for luck

Waiting in the wings for showtime!

Shake that sassy skirt!

Ta Da!! Take a bow!

We're so proud of you Katie!! Our sweet little dancer!

Wow, look at that huge cupcake! A BIG celebration for Katie!



Unfortunately for me, even though I had a front row seat, Katie danced directly behind one of the other girls so I didn't get very good pictures or video of the performance... story of my life... but when the beautiful dancers were being introduced I was ready! See the video below:







3 comments:

Grandma said...

I just loved coming to see your show Katie! Thank you so much for inviting me and Grandpa to your recital!

Gavin said...

Katie,
You look so beautiful in your ballet show pictures! Great job and congratulations!
Love -Becky

Robyn said...

Awww... that's so adorable! What a beautiful ballerina you have there! :)