Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Niagara Falls

I just love Niagara Falls, it's one of my favorite places in the world. Tim and I have been there many times - every time we head up to Buffalo to visit my family we find time for a day at the Falls. Ironically, none of my relatives who live just 30 minutes away ever seem to go! It's just so beautiful and peaceful -I could watch the crashing water and look for rainbows forever! Although on this trip we found ourselves at the Wax museum, the Ripley's Believe it or Not museum, and the arcade (was it really me? Was I spending $4 to play air hockey?) We also played a really cool round of glow-in-the-dark putt putt. None of those pictures came out, but there is a funny video that is total blackness with 4 little glowing balls rolling around.










We decided to walk across the bridge to Canada this time. Ryan thought it was the coolest thing that he was halfway in America and halfway in Canada! Beginning next year, everyone travelling across the border will need a passport so, sadly, this was our last trip to the Falls for a while. I'm not in a huge hurry to get passports for all the kids (unless we win the lottery and plan for some big worldwide excursion).




The real reason for our trip to Buffalo was for 2 family reunions- my dad's and mom's families were each having family reunions and they both planned for the same weekend. What luck for us to visit everyone we knew in the same trip! That's 18 hours in the car well spent!

The kids helped me make matching t-shirts so everyone would know we belonged together at the family reunion. Tim was skeptical at first... but c'mon, how cute are we!! He soon was able to embrace his inner dork.

At age 5, Ryan is almost as tall as Granny! What a sweetie!
He's holding her hand and helping her walk through the field.





1 comment:

Gavin said...

I have to say that the matching T-shirts gave me a good laugh! You all are too cute and Tim is a VERY good sport!!! Looks like a fun trip!
Love - Becky