Thursday, July 24, 2008

Busy Baby


Nothing much to report today... as I walked around the corner into the kitchen this afternoon, there was Claire standing on top of the kitchen table, proud as a peacock. As soon as she saw me her eyes lit up, a huge grin spread from ear to ear and she started clapping. My little monkey. I wish I'd seen her pull out the chair and hoist herself up onto the tabletop. I'm always missing all the good stuff!

Fast forward a few hours to me scraping bits of a dog biscuit out of her mouth, blech! Her typical routine is to get 3 biscuits out of the cabinet each day, one clenched tightly in each fist and one in her mouth. I just didn't catch her quite in time today.

And then later I found a sippy cup of milk in the cabinet from who knows when. Mmmmm, chunky milk.

She did manage to sleep for 2 hours at Chuck E Cheese this afternoon so that was very kind of her. But this was after screaming during the Fairfax Symphony Orchestra, right after the nice lady asked us to all put on our listening ears so she owed me a good nap.
That's the kind of day it's been around here!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

I know the chunky milk all too well... Why do they insist on hiding their sippy cups?

Anonymous said...

:) Sounds kind of like one of my days, Nicole!