Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Night Out...

I certainly don't make it to every PTA meeting, or every event that they sponsor at our school, but when I do go, it is with the sole intention of skipping out on the bedtime routine. There, I said it. I'm not into the fundraising, I don't want an update from the Box Top Label committee, I just want a night off from bath, stories, and whining about going to bed. Tonight, though, it appears I missed out on quite an evening here at home. Let me tell you what I missed...



Imagine little Claire, ripping her diaper off for probably the 10th time today, wandering around the kitchen while Tim scurries to put away the dinner dishes and leftovers. She is without pants and diaper 90% of her day lately, clothes are just not her thing. Tim notices her naked bottom half and sends her to the potty. She wanders in there and is doing her thing for awhile until Tim goes in to check on her. He steps in a giant pile of smooshy poop, it oozes in between his toes. I can only imagine his face when he looked down at his foot. It went downhill from there... he kicked the potty chair, probably in a haste to get that nasty sock off! And Claire began crying and rushed over to rescue her little potty chair. Apparently God thought this was a good time to test Tim to his limit because somehow the pipes came unhooked from underneath the sink and water started spraying out from the sides of the faucet. Somehow this kind of thing NEVER happens when I'm around...

Everything eventually calmed down, was repaired, and cleaned, but suffice to say they were NOT all asleep when I got home from PTA.


4 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm sorry for Tim, but this made me laugh SO HARD!! You guys are hilarious!

Croft said...

Me too! I was laughing so hard when I read this.

Rachael said...

oh no! But, it is hilarious!

Tim Erny said...

Looking back at it, it was pretty funny. Of course it happened on a day that I was really exhausted - I guess that was God's way of keeping me on my toes (even if they were stuck in poop).