Monday, March 9, 2009

The Great Butter Heist

Claire, Claire, Claire... sweet little Claire... do you not get enough attention? Why are you looking for trouble around every corner? Today was most certainly a day that trouble was calling out to this baby. She pulled out a box of spaghetti and ripped it open... strands of spaghetti poured out and piled up like a giant game of pick up sticks.

She moved a chair over to the counter, climbed up, and dipped her hand in the peanut butter jar. I looked over and there she was sitting on the island, licking her gooey, sticky hand. She had the softest smoothest hands, all oily from the creamy peanut butter lather we worked up at the sink.

And of course, the stick of butter that was sitting out on the counter softening up for a recipe, was smooshed and nearly devoured. I can't even imagine that tasted good at all, plain butter? But there she was chowing it down. I should have reached for my camera, but I was so grossed out, that all I could think of was lunging at her and grabbing what was left of it and scraping it off her tongue. No cholesterol testing for her this week!

She also likes to review the bills every afternoon when we pick up the mail. Often without pants... what a fun secretary she will be one day!




2 comments:

Kristen@nosmallthing said...

LOVE it! She and Ella, they're two of a kind.

Tim Erny said...

Luckily for her, she's so darn cute! She makes me laugh everyday (even when she tries to pump up her cholesterol). From patting me on the back when I cough to giving me eskimo kisses, she's the sweetest little girl a Dad could ask for (and Katie too of course)!!