Monday, September 8, 2008

There's 2 Hours I Won't Get Back


... ugh, I had flashbacks to elementary school PE classes, standing around in the outfield picking daisies and making mud pies. This was the first of 12 games, and after 45 minutes, Ryan hadn't been at bat once, and no balls went anywhere near him in the outfield. The game ended up being only 2 innings... 2 innings in 2 hours!! Holy moley, it was so slow and painstakingly boring!! At least at practice everyone is constantly playing- hitting, throwing, catching, running the bases. At the game, we had to watch as each child from both teams individually learned how to play the game. Everyone only got 2 turns at bat, about 1 minute of action in a 2 hour game. Ryan seemed to enjoy it, but it's going to be a loooong season for me!


Girls, I was thinking the SAME thing!!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Claire just says it all right there!! Too funny! Might be time to get a phone like Robyn's that shows TV.

By the way "no thanks, I don't want to throw up today" has become a regular saying in our house! LOVE the quotes, keep them coming :o)

Anonymous said...

Ahh, I remember those days. Don't worry, they do get more exciting. In t-ball the kids are cute. As they get older, the games get intense!

Anonymous said...

:) We're doing the same thing! We haven't had a game yet, but like you said, the practices are at least busy. Hang in there...

Robyn said...

I was sorry to miss it, but like Marcus said, I didn't miss too much! If I ever get to go to a game, we'll have to come up with something for the other kids to do... (I have class on Saturday, so missing that one too...) Maybe some coloring books. My phone does get TV, but it's so small... LOL! Ah well... Maybe they'll get better?

Tim Erny said...

Luckily, the Dads were able to stay on the field and keep the kids from falling asleep or sliding in the dirt.

I think I'll bring a ball to the kids in the outfield next game - at least they'll be able to throw it around between batters...