Thursday, September 18, 2008

Already 15 months!!

Claire is 15 months old! She had her check up and was in a great mood, happily playing with the doctor. She grew over 2 inches since her last check up! She's still waking up to eat every 3 hours at night, all night. No one has told she's not a newborn anymore!

She's the quietest baby I've ever known, taking everything in but not saying anything. She points at things and nods vigorously, indicating YES- I want that!! Dada is her one and only word so far. Tim is thrilled that she says dada all the time, but I told him not to get too excited because she points to everything including the garbage can and says dada. Just this week she finally learned to say mama. And I know she means me because she wanders through the house looking for me, calling my name and runs to me for hugs when she finds me.

She is very curious and investigates things like the other kids never did. She's also very adventurous, climbing playground structures fearlessly. I don't remember Ryan or Katie going up and down the stairs independently at this age.

She still is up on the kitchen table a few hours of each day stealing crayons from the kids and eating them. Crayola is her favorite food group... she will no sooner see a marker across the room and BAM the lid is off and she's chewed off the tip with her 4 little teeth and and her mouth is turning a rainbow of colors. Unfortunately she seems to prefer black!

She loves to blow kisses, but they come out of her ear!!

She loves to read, she's always pulling books out of her basket for storytime. She tosses the book at me and then turns around and backs into my lap and plops right down. Her favorite story at the moment is From Head to Toe by Eric Carle. She digs through the bookshelves until she finds it and will sit in my lap and read that book over and over again. It's so much fun! Here she is reading her favorite pages...








2 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh my goodness you haven't had a full night of sleep in 15 months?? (You're probably thinking "More like 6 years") But that's insane! She's too cute to resist though, and I'd do the same think if my baby wanted it :o)

Party of 5 said...

Oddly enough, I'm used to it and it feels normal. If it's not Claire, then someone else is waking up to use the potty- I'm sure I won't get a full night's sleep until they're grown up and moved out!