Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Heart Gone Walking



What a flood of emotions it was for me and Tim today! We sobbed all the way home from the bus stop! I mean sobbed!! It couldn't have been any harder if we were shipping him off to war! I think I'm starting to make a recovery now, but there were so many emotions running through me as I sent my little baby off into the big big world. Today it's Kindergarten, tomorrow it will be college graduation, and it will all happen in the blink of an eye. As we stood there waiting for the bus, I saw his whole future flash past my eyes... will he be a boy scout? Will he play an instrument in the band? What sports will he want to participate in? Will he be in any honors classes? What will his favorite subjects be? What kind of car will he save for? Will I let him drive? ever? Where will he want to go to college? There are so many hopes, dreams, and expectations I have for my children, and this was the very first step towards all of them coming true. So the tears fell! Tears of joy, pride, and a little sadness that my baby is growing up too fast!






2 comments:

Robyn said...

Aww.... I had wondered how YOU took today! They grow up way too fast!

Gavin said...

Ryan,
I know you must be having so much fun in kindergarten! I can't wait to hear all about it!
Love - Becky