Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Sears Angel

Waiting for the repair man... why are they allowed to give a service window of 8-5? I think I'd like a job that I can show up anytime between the hours of 8 and 5. I hope he has the part he needs to fix the washing machine. I really don't want to do this again in a week when the part comes in. Ryan has already pointed out numerous times that he only has one pair of socks left. And they are shinguards! If he can't fix the machine today I might have to go to a laundromat. Do laundromats still exist? Actually it doesn't matter, I'll just buy a package of socks.

As soon as Tim and I slip out to get a quick lunch, the guy calls. He's 1o minutes away. Bummer. There goes lunch!

The problem with the washer? A 4 inch screw in Tim's pocket that must have fallen out and somehow got inside wedged under the drum. Probably several hundred dollars to fix, but this repairman signed off on it as a warranty problem and didn't charge us anything. We were warned when we bought the washer that little things like screws or safety pins could fall out of pockets and really mess with the motor and that kind of "user error" was not covered by the warranty. Our Sears Angel felt bad charging us for such a common mistake. He also showed Tim how to drain this little filter area that we didn't know we were supposed to be draining. He even cleaned out the dryer hoses and tweaked the dryer to make it run more quietly. I didn't even realize it was loud until now that it doesn't make any noise at all. . I thought we were going to have to return some of the kids' Christmas gifts to pay for this repair!

Now I'm wondering why Tim was walking around with a 4 inch screw in his pocket! That's pretty risky if you ask me.




No comments: