Sunday, December 6, 2009

Birthdays


Birthdays have certainly changed over the years! This year my birthday included a lukewarm bath prepared by Katie with bubbles and candles and Claire hanging over the side of the tub asking every 10 seconds, "You like you bath?"

I could hear Tim setting up the bed, as he had just washed the sheets. I love the smell of freshly washed sheets! So after shivering in the tub for about 15 minutes as if I were dying of fever, I'd had enough and decided to snuggle into my nice warm bed to really relax. Hmmm, nice job on the sheets TIM, they're still damp! Brrrr! What a night!

Truthfully, I wouldn't have it any other way. Listening to the kids argue with Tim over where to place things on the breakfast tray, and fighting over who gets to help carry it upstairs, watching their little faces try to hold back the excitement and surprise over my gifts, staying inconspicuously out of their way while they bake me a cake, knowing how much Tim has struggled to find time to sneak down to the basement with the kids to make super secret birthday cards for me, all of it makes me feel so loved and special. Happiest of birthdays to me.



No comments: