Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy Old Year!!

We've been talking with the kids about resolutions and what we can each promise to ourselves to try to make us better people and live better lives.

Katie is going to try to eat more vegetables. Scratch that. Katie is going to try to eat a vegetable. I remember one meal last year where she ate one kernel of corn and we all did a celebratory victory dance. She knows all the good things that veggies can provide- the muscles, the healthy heart, blah blah. She always makes her dolls and barbies eat veggies, and hopefully will apply it to real life this year!

Ryan is going to set his bed every day because he's so practical.

If Claire were able to articulate this, I'm quite sure she would resolve to only eat healthy snacks. I am going to assist her in this effort by moving the snack box, which I should have done years ago!

I have to lose my Halloween candy/Thanksgiving dinner/Christmas cookie weight before bathing suit season. I will decide when it gets closer if it's going to be either 9 or 19 pounds- we'll just have to see how things are going come mid-May.

And I'm having issues with a very addictive game on Facebook...Bejeweled Blitz... buh-bye! I need to get my life back. I just don't have it in me to resist your pull anymore so I'm cold turkeying it. Deleting it from my facebook page and my life. Forever.

Tim has yet to weigh in on his enduring struggle for the year to come. More than likely it will be to reduce is intake of caffeine. And by February he will renounce that horrible plan because without Coke we are left with a very crabby, undesirable version of Tim. And life is too short to waste time with crabby. So he will give it up for Lent instead because we can survive 40 days of crabby, but not 365.

I am in shock that we're ending another whole decade. Remember 10 years ago when everyone was in a panic about Y2K and the world coming to an end? Doesn't seem like it was that long ago! Tim and I were at a Millenium Party with a ton of people playing Beer Pong in the basement. And now we have 3 kids, a house, and a dog with retirement plans and everything! Where does the time go?

Ryan will not permit me to say Happy New Year until tomorrow so until then... Happy Old Year!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I know how it is with the Coke, Travis loves to drink it too. We try only to drink it on holidays or if we have people over.