Monday, July 6, 2009

Multi-tasking


I am hardcore. I've gone to the dark side. I will not miss my workout to cuddle and coddle this baby of mine. I am tired of her going to sleep at 10:30 or 11 and leaving me with no me time in the evenings. So today I had a crazy thought... and stumbled on a new multi-tasking endeavor- weight lifting and cardio all at once! She loved being in the backpack and kept saying "Giddy-up Mommy" (thanks Tim). 28 minutes into my workout the bouncing suddenly slackened and it felt like she doubled her weight. Finally. Asleep. Apparently she is just as hardcore as I am. Let's set the score at Mommy=1, Night Owl=0.


I carefully finished and stealthly, smoothly climbed off the pedals and maneuvered her ever so cautiously to the bed. I was nice and sweaty so the backpack slid right off and I was absolutely positive she was still fast asleep as I peeled her out and laid her gently on the bed. I was just turning to finally breathe and walk away when I caught her out of the corner of my eye. She was smiling up at me from the pillow and whispered, "Boobie Time?" Grrr. And the score's even.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I love it! you have just given every Mom out there (like me) no excuses why they can't work out. There is always a way and the more creative the better.

Erika said...

Thanks a lot Nicole...now I have absolutely NO excuse not to work out. I'll be getting the old carrier out and dusted off tonight!

I guess I didn't realize she is still nursing. I'm jealous and sympathetic, all at the same time! :)

You look FANTASTIC btw! I need to get my ass in gear before it is too late!