Friday, November 7, 2008

Friday Funnies

No major excitement over here, nothing specifically blogworthy, but lots of little funny things have been accumulating in my brain and I need to get them out before I forget them...

Yesterday we went to Bertucci's for dinner and Katie spilled her drink... nothing funny about that, it happens daily in Katie's world. Well, the guy came by with the mop and pretty much just spread water all around our table. For the rest of the evening everyone who walked past us slipped, slid, and spun around; it was like eating with the 3 Stooges.

Also at Bertucci's, we set Claire up with a plate full of little pieces of bread and gave her her own little bowl of dipping oil - they have a very tasty oil and spice dip and she just loves to dip anything into any kind of dip. Claire happily dipped and gobbled up each piece of bread. She then moved on to dipping crayons and nibbling off little pieces. We finally caught her with several chunks of oily crayon bits floating in her mouth.

At Universal Studios last month Katie fell in love with ET. We finally were able to watch the movie and now the kids love to squeak and point their fingers at each other saying "Phone home." Also, I never realized how much resemblance there is between Claire and ET. She sounds just like him, and she's got the finger pointing down pretty well too!

I had a sudden stroke of genius last week- I moved the dog biscuits to a higher shelf... problem solved! No more Milkbones for Claire! Although she still goes after the kibble when no one's looking. I recently scraped a whole handfull out of her mouth - it almost made me throw up. She seems to enjoy the taste of dogfood...

We've been following closely the news regarding Obama's cabinet choices etc. and one reporter was commenting on what the different candidates would "bring to the table." Katie piped in, "I hope they bring brownies!" She's so funny without even knowing it.

Tim was explaining to Ryan what the "economy" is, since that's a word we're hearing a lot on the news lately. He was telling Ryan that a lot of people are worrying about their money and some people are losing their jobs.. and Ryan interrupted with, "Is it like the Depression?" And then started asking if Obama was going to make up a New Deal like FDR did... hmmm, that's a puzzler for me. That's what happens when your kid is smarter than you are!

We recently discovered through Tim's aunt who has done extensive research on their family lineage that we are related to Barack Obama. I need to look into the exact details, but it dates back to the 1700s in Massachusetts through Tim's mother and Barack's mother. I told Tim he should call up his cousin Barack and arrange a private White House tour or something for us. He teases me that I'm only related through marriage, but he and the kids will get in without me!



No comments: