Thursday, October 15, 2009

ADHD

I think I might have ADHD. Maybe I've always had it, but it was never diagnosed. My distractability and inability to focus on any one task has never been as noticeable as it is now. My brain is jumping all over the place~ Here's where my head's at right now:


  • Geez, is it Thursday already? Another week done, another week that I still haven't gotten my Daisy leader training finished. Or started.
  • I gotta make sure I stop by the bank to open the account for our troop, at least I will have done something leaderish before the next meeting.
  • Ok the next meeting is tomorrow, I better iron on those patches to Katie's uniform... are we troop 1718 or 1817?
  • Why on earth do I need to send in more money for Ryan's lunch account already? All he buys is milk, there's no way he's out of money yet!
  • I hope that book order comes in before we leave on our trip so the kids can have some new books to read on the plane.
  • Why did I buy that 5 pound bag of broccoli? No one's going to eat that much broccoli... I guess I can make some broccoli cheese soup... a lot of soup.
  • I still have 12 apples left, what else can I make with apples?
  • Is there an apple/broccoli dish I'm totally overlooking?
  • We have to get our Disney Rewards points certificate before our trip... after saving them for 2 years, we better get a lot of free stuff when we're at Disney!
  • Do we want to do Odyssey of the Mind again this year? It was fun I guess, and worthwhile. Can we fit it into our schedule? Maybe, but only if the kids are on the same team. And I can't help out too much with coaching.
  • I need to figure out lesson plans for preschool next week... pumpkins...hmmm and then monsters... maybe we'll become Germ Busters and do a lesson in handwashing and flu prevention...
  • What questions do I need to ask Ryan's teacher at his conference? Hmmm, how to walk the line between advocating for your child and becoming a pushy know-it-all?
  • Why did I agree to be room mom? How am I going to get this fall party planned while on vacation? Am I going to get online and check email at all when we're there? I better get something out before we leave.
  • Why havent' we gotten Halloween costumes yet! Shopping the week before, everything is going to be sooooo picked over!

ok, my head hurts. But for every answered question or thought process, there are 5 new questions or tangents... my mind is in a whirlwind. Boy do I need this vacation coming up!

1 comment:

Kristen@nosmallthing said...

You aren't the only one. It's too much stuff, that's all.

Apple butter. Make apple butter in your crock pot. It is fantastic.