Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Claire's Song

I find myself referencing almost anything Claire does as "the cutest thing ever..." but bear with me. She sings now, and it's the cutest thing I've ever heard. She sings Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Itsy Bitsy Spider and the ABCs none of which sound like the actual song, but she has the melodies down so you can guess what she's singing. Her newest trick is to make up her own lyrics. Today, she composed a lovely tribute to 2 of her favorite things in all the world. It went something like this: (to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle)


Mommy, boobies, mommy, boobies
Mommy, boobies, mommy boobies
Mommy, boobies, mommy boobies
Mommy boobies, mommy boobies... tada!

2 comments:

Kristen@nosmallthing said...

Oh my that makes me laugh. Mostly because what I get from Ella before bedtime is "Mama. Boob. Mama. Boob. Baby. Boob. Mama. Boob." Seriously. And if I don't acknowledge that "yes, that is my boob," I get Maaaaaamaaaa. Maaaaaaaaammmaaaaaaa. Which cracks me up.

They are funny, aren't they? And definitely the cutest things ever!

Erika said...

I'm so glad I came across this one. It makes me feel better for some reason. Connor, who has been weaned for 6 months, decided he needed "moms milk, drink milk, boob milk!!!" very badly, very loudly in front of all the kids, teacher, parents at Haydens end of year party. All while he was grabbing at my boobs and pulling down my shirt. Who knows where it came from???